Friday, June 19, 2009

The Wonders of IKEA

Kevin and I took a trip to IKEA last week on our way back from Boston.


Whenever I see those golden letters, I just know that we're in for a good time. See, Kevin and I weren't searching for anything in particular at IKEA. We have already furnished both the New York and Provincetown apartments. Our primary reason for going to IKEA is to kill time, and to eat some Sweeeeeedish meeeeeetballs.


We made it about ten minutes in the store before we found our first gem. This showroom jumped right out at us. It looks as though it's designed to be a basement room for kids or teenagers. It sort of reminds me of the basement of the house I grew up in. Only totally different.


Here we see Kevin lounging on a beautiful couch, sending obscene text messages to his mother. Notice the stairway. I am very intrigued by this stairway. I want to ascend this stairway.


DENIED! It is not safe up there. But wait! What is up there that's so dangerous!?!


Oh, that's all. It's nothing. No, literally, it's nothing. IKEA built a staircase that goes nowhere for the showroom.
After this showroom, Kevin's tummy started rumbling. So we decided to skip the rest of the store and head straight for the Swedish meatballs. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. Ikea WANTS you to think that there is nothing at the top of those stairs. However, if you break through that safety glass (I recommend throwing a frozen Swedish meatball through it), you will find Ikea's version of the Dick Dock. I believe they call it Dikdokken in Swedish.

    Don't tell anyone. Especially Tarek.

    ReplyDelete