Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Integral Humor... Just You Wait. You're gonna love it!

Oh, do I have a funny story for you today. This one comes from one of my classes. My professor was telling us about another mathematician. I don't remember his name. It's probably not that important. He went to City College way back in the 1930s. He was in his physics class, and he challenged the professor with a question.

"What exactly is a surface integral?"

The professor laughed a little and said, "That's MORONIC! It says right in the name... an integral along a surface."

To which the student (a future mathematician/professor) said, "Oh, I see. Just like a Riemann integral is an integral along a Riemann."


HAA!

An integral along a Riemann. Get it?

Fucking hilarious!

I love that math classes can be so funny. SO funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment